ELearning eNews
December 1, 2009
Home     | ELearning Magazine     | Buyer's Guide     | E-Newsletters     | Events     |Subscribe     |
CodeBaby Character Conversations Drive Results 
Surveys and evaluations are keys to delivering highly effective courses and best practices. But good feedback is elusive and minimal. Overcome lackluster completion rates by extending the learning focus to elicit valuable data. Studies show interactive characters foster trust and increase engagement in learning, evaluations, and online transactions. Increase survey rates and design innovative evaluation introductions with persuasive CodeBaby Character Conversations. See and read about the success of leading Customer Support, Saas magazine using CodeBaby character "Sage".
• SCORM and Authoring Tools
Enabling Interoperable Object-Based Approaches to Developing and Presenting E-Learning »

• Your New Elearning! E-Zine has Arrived 
Inside this edition you'll read How to Get the Most Out of Your LMS »

Latest News

• Virtual Learning, ILT Are Equally Effective
The vast majority of learners consider VILT to be just as effective as conventional instructor-led training... >>

• Kantara Initiative Seeks Collaboration
Nearly 45 organizations from the global identity and Internet communities have partnered to launch The Kantara Initiative... >>

• Provider Gets New CMO
Saba Software Inc., has appointed Andrew Salzman as chief marketing officer... >>


Deals

• KnowledgeShift Partners with Skillsoft for Mobile Solutions
KNOWLEDGESHIFT is partnering with SkillSofts' Books 2X7 Division to optimize videos for mobile phone delivery... >>

• ePath and MindEdge Partner 
EPATH LEARNING has added MindEdge as a strategic content partner, offering educational solutions that include project management courses and leadership... >>

• Vocman Announces New Client Acquisition
VOCMAN has announced a significant new client acquisition and deployment of its terminology solution, Lexaurus... >>

New Products

• LMS: LMS Delivers Both Classroom and E-Learning
A learning management system offering simplicity and ease of navigation for administrator and users has been introduced by Russell Associates... >>

• LMS: High-Performance Learning Solution
The IQ Business Group's new Hi-Performance Learning (HPL) solution is designed for the financial services,media and communications and health-care industries, as well as the public sector... >>

• LMS: TM Platform Designed for Global Enterprise
With significantly enhanced usability, Saba Enterprise 5.5 is designed to help organizations actively manage the success of each individual... >>


ad banner
element k


Open Source in the Learning Enterprise
Open-source software has been in the enterprise for years, starting at the deepest levels of IT and recently emerging into enduser applications. A 2008 Gartner survey of 275 organizations around the world indicated that 85 percent of respondents use open-source software in their enterprise and the remaining 15 percent is expected to do so within the next 12 months.

Adopting open-source software, especially an end-user-facing application like an Learning Management System(LMS), needs to be undertaken with the same care as any other large-scale software implementation project. But an open-source LMS can provide significant value to the enterprise while avoiding vendor lock-in and higher costs.

MORE...

ad banner
Cegos

TABLE OF CONTENT
• CodeBaby Character Conversations Drive Results
• SCORM and Authoring Tools
• Your New Elearning! E-Zine has Arrived 

• Virtual Learning, ILT Are Equally Effective
• Kantara Initiative Seeks Collaboration
• Provider Gets New CMO
• LMS: LMS Delivers Both Classroom and E-Learning
• LMS: High-Performance Learning Solution
• LMS: TM Platform Designed for Global Enterprise
• KnowledgeShift Partners with Skillsoft for Mobile Solutions
• ePath and MindEdge Partner
• Vocman Announces New Client Acquisition
• Open Source in the Learning Enterprise

ad banner
TechSmith

ad banner
ICS

ad banner
GeoLearning


Elearning! Magazine, Post Office Box 77694, Corona, CA 92877 * 888-201-2841
All content copyright © 2008 B2B Media Co LLC. All rights reserved.

Elearning! eNews is published by B2B Media Company LLC. To remove yourself from this e-mail, select unsubscribe. To learn more about Elearning! brands, visit www.2elearning.com